Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bored of breakfast

So this morning I stared blankly into our pantry and probably for the first time in my life considered skipping breakfast.

Might not sound shocking to people who don't know me well but I LOVE breakfast. Easily my favourite meal of the day and this morning- I could have taken it or left it. We're in training at work all this week though(8.45 - 4:51pm) everyday and not being able to just go and eat if I needed to meant I had to eat SOMETHING.

I had porridge as usual. But I wasn't happy about it! Didn't go to the gym or anything though so I wasnt ravenous as usual. So I'm well and truly over porridge. I've run out of cereals I haven't done to death like Uncle Toby's Fibre Plus, Oat Flakes, Sultana Bran...I'm just stuck!

I have banana on toast for lunch at the moment so I'm not keen on toast for brekkie and plain fruit won't fuel me up enough!

What does everyone else eat for brekkie?

- Jen

4 comments:

Michael said...

I can skip brekkie. I don't feel like eating as soon as I get up and I'm not hanging around just to get in the brekkie mood. I always have some cereal in my drawer at work and have eaten brekkie at work for years. Not every day, but when I either feel like it or get around to it. I never miss a coffee though, so maybe I'll answer your question with - coffee!

Anonymous said...

We usually have oatmeal or raisin toast in our house so that's not help to you.

Maybe you could buy some english muffins and eggs and make your own egg mcmuffin type of thing? I don't know if you're into eggs or if english muffins are unhealthy, but there you go!

jenu said...

Oh muffins! and raisin toast!! Hmmm. Michael - I never skip my coffee in the mornings either. But thats not until after I've been at work for awhile.

JK said...

You have to read Poppalina's blog - every Sunday she posts about her breakfast - they look delicious. Should give you some inspiration. www.poppalina.typepad.com