Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bigger than my body

So I have found a new song to learn on the guitar.
Bigger than my body by John Mayer. I've always liked this song because it reminds me of me! 'cause i'm bigger than my body gives me credit for'. I'm not talking about if I'm skinny, I mean there is more to me than it would appear at face value.
I like to think I'm more than a little bit thoughtful. In fact pretty much all I do is think (when I'm not playing guitar, eating, sleeping, eating, doing assignments). A lot of people say I think too much. I tend to over-analyse things when I think too much.
It's not like I can help it though.

There is another John Mayer song actually that makes me think that maybe he's trying to send subliminal messages that he has weight issues. In "clarity" 'I worry, I weigh three times my body, I worry I throw my fear around, but this morning there's a calm I can't explain...'. I love those lyrics, you know instead of throwing his "weight" around he is throwing his fear around? This is how much I think, I go RIGHT into lyrics "I wonder what he means by that". I'm sure John doesn't have a weight issue. That is just an example of my thinking. Of course then there are songs like "Gone Going" by the Black Eyed Peas;

Johnny want to be a big star, get on stage and play the guitar,
make a little money

buy a fancy car a big old house and an alligator..

Just to match with them alligator shoes..

Everytime the man hears this song he goes "I still don't get why he wants to buy an alligator"
and I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world, "to match with his alligator shoes"...der! What else would he do with an alligator?? That still has a message, even if it was Jack Johnson's message first (materialism etc etc).

Well I am doing a champion job at procrastinating again. If only I put as much effort into study as what I do into my posts on here I'd be okay.

Jen
p.s. if you are after some reading check out anonymous lawyer, really good blog. And then there is always pumpkin diary! Pumpkin Diary was the first blog I started reading. Its definitely worth starting at the beginning and getting up to date!

No comments: