Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This is how it's supposed to be

It's been awhile since I had a good laugh at myself. You know the kind of thing that happens because its funny in itself. Not something one of your friends says. Or something you quote from a tv show twenty times a day ("computer says no"). This had me giggling for awhile.

Now I'm not the kind of person who likes a fight or 'conflict' as it's called in the workplace. But if something happens and it really annoys me I will usually complain. So tonight when I walked into the toilet at the gym to get changed I saw something a little odd. There was someone in there, a lady (wearing a club uniform) who looked shocked to see me who then threw something in the bin and then stuck her head under the tap and had a drink (little odd). I went into a cubicle to get changed and then the smell hit me.

Cigarette smoke. At first it was just a bit smoky but because it was such a confined area I started coughing, a lot.

So I got annoyed and went out to reception to complain (I know, I'm terrible but hey I was just about to exercise on a lungful of smoke). The guy got upset when I told him ("really? because employees aren't allowed to smoke anywhere on the premises") and he called the head manager.

There I was standing there feeling like THE biggest idiot. Who complains?? I'm worried this person is going to ask me what the employee looked like and I can only remember sketchy details (Miss Plum in the lounge with the candlestick). Then the manager comes out.



It's the same lady.

In between my confused look and babbling she managed to get me outside (presumably so the guy on reception wouldn't catch on) where she apologised for smoking etc etc I wasn't really listening because I was still in a state of shock.

When she left I laughed and laughed for about 5 minutes and then kept having random giggles the whole time I was running. Definitely tickled my sense of humour.

Now what was I complaining about?

- Jen

No comments: