Sunday, May 21, 2006

The petrol heist that wasn't

Driving home from Melbourne today (last time!!) and I stopped at the Mobil just before Seymour for some petrol. After I had filled up my car I moved it to the front of the shop (it was pretty busy and I didn't want to hold up other people). The queue was a mile long so I had plenty of time to get out my EFTPOS card ready to pay.

Except it wasn't there.

I took out every single card in my purse, went right through them, emptied my handbag out, went right through that and then blind panic overtook me.

This isn't something that happens to me, I'm ORGANISED!! This is something that happens to Jason!! I'm going to get ARRESTED!! No-one will believe this with petrol prices the way they are!!! .

I had about $10 cash to pay for $45 of fuel. I also had an expired EFTPOS card so I stepped out of the massive queue and went over to the ATM to pray that I could withdraw the money and avoid being arrested.

Thankfully it worked. Why I don't know its been expired a month now but phew!!
Definitely got the heart rate up though. So I figured I didn't have to go the gym tonight.

- Jen

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thats pretty lucky, although now all you have to worry about is why an expired card is still working?