Friday, December 07, 2007

But it's gonna take money, a whole lot of spending money

I know, its a whole 'lotta' spending money. I just couldn't do it. I mean I'm still adjusting to spelling vacUUM correctly. Baby steps before I start doing slang.

Yes, gonna is okay.

Sooo.. anyway. Now that we've basically paid off our overseas trip we've noticed that we might get hungry overseas. Well I will anyway. So we're trying to save up more spending money.

The man is up at highpoint right now at an interview for a weekend job, his phD scholarship means that he doesn't face the rather hefty tax rates that I do if I get a second job.

Even so, I have a feeling I might get a job at Coles. I did actually apply for one so it won't be a shock or anything. Should clarify that as supermarkets don't actually cold call people asking if they'd like a job. I got an email saying I have suitable skills and that they are trying to find me a position in Moonee Ponds or Essendon. Half of me went 'oh cool maybe I CAN eat pizza in Italy now' and the other part went 'good one, you just destroyed the tiny part of your soul that was still intact after you finished working for them last time'.

But even if I only net an extra $100 a week, that adds up to big bucks for our trip. THAT'S awesome. The way I figure it, we don't do anything on weekends anyway because we're saving money - why not earn MORE money!

Greedy aren't we? At least we'd be working like dogs to earn it anyway. I was going to suggest the man go missing and then I'd just claim the life insurance and meet up with him in London and be all 'oohh the man I totally thought you were dead and stuff, hey now lets go check out Paris'.

Except apparently its been done, and besides then we remembered the man doesn't even have life insurance. There goes THAT plan.

- Jen

No comments: