Friday, August 25, 2006

Hello, Hello - The world repeats itself somehow

It was fitting that when I turned on 'pinky' - (my ipod) yesterday that first lyrics I heard was "I'm so spaced out today, I could have slept for days". When you have been studying CGT (capital gains tax) for the past week straight you get very fuzzy headed and NOTHING makes sense. Add to the mix getting out of bed at 5am to catch a 5:59am train into the city and I was pretty spaced out. My exam was in Box Hill but even so I had plenty of time to study before the exam as well. I was so tired that I could have sworn I was right back in the middle of last year.

It was while I was sitting on the platform at Flinders St station, while the sky was still dark (although pouring rain of course) that I remembered that I actually like the stress. Of course I think I'm the only grad who actually does stress, but I still love it. Just like last year when I never thought that there actually was a light at the end of the tunnel, I have been completely swamped with study. Except now I get to throw full-time work into the mix just to make things that little bit harder. Of course I'm still thriving on it. Otherwise I might get bored, and we don't want that!

The exam went relatively well I thought although it was a lot harder than I thought it would be considering I gave up studying at about 8:00am because I just couldn't learn anymore. With a bit of luck I might scrape a pass (a pass being 70% at the ATO). The rest of Thursday passed in a blur, a blur I wish I had paid more attention to because I have an exam on it next week (anyone know anything about the imputation system?). After having emptied my mind of anything but capital gains tax I couldn't possibly have absorbed anything else that day...but thats the way it goes. Its a bit like standing waist deep in the ocean getting swamped by wave after wave and just hoping that the next one doesn't knock you over.

So far I'm still standing,

- Jen

No comments: