Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's good to learn new things

For a LONG time now I have been saying that 'ONE day I will play world of warcraft'. This so called day fell into the virtual myriad of things that I will ONE day do. For instance, ONE day I will clean out my car, ONE day I will go overseas, ONE day I will grow my fingernails. But today, today my friends I finally succumbed to undeniably geeky side of me that has been lying dormant for the past three years while I was surrounded by geeks. I will admit that I refused to fork out the money to actually buy the game, I spent $2 and bought a 2 week trial. I had a LOT of fun though. A nice relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I played with some guys from work and we had VOIP going which was pretty cool.

Whether I will actually buy it or not, I'm not sure yet. I did have an awful lot of fun but it was pretty easy to see its a game you have to invest a lot of time in, time that I probably can't justify spending on a game. If I had an hour to spare out of my day and I had to choose between running outside and getting some fresh air or playing world of warcraft then I'd take the run.

Also I was a hideously ugly orc rogue. I looked like 'the hulk' on weight watchers.

Very fun and clearly VERY addictive.

- Jen

No comments: