Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm playing anyway!

Well I liked the idea of the 'Seven songs I am listening to right now' on Rae's blog so even though I wasn't tagged, I'm doing it anyway.

According to my beloved itunes the last 7 songs I've listened to are:

1. Handle me with care - Travelling Wilburys
'Everybody's got someone to lean on, put your body next to mine and dream on'
2. Overkill- Colin Hay & Lazlo Bane
'Especially at night, I worry over situations I know I'll be alright, perhaps it's just imagination'
3. Sting & The Police - Everything she does is magic
'Though I've tried before to tell her, of the feelings I have for her in my heart, every time that I come near her, I just lose my nerve as I've done from the start'
4. Crowded House - Four seasons in one day
It doesn’t pay to make predictions, sleeping on an unmade bed, finding out wherever there is comfort there is pain, only one step away, like four seasons in one day'.
5. Ryan Adams - To be young
'Oh one day when you’re looking back, you were young and man you were sad'
6. Jack Johnson - Talk of the town
And the trouble I find is that the trouble finds me, it's a part of my mind it begins with a dream and a feeling I get when I look and I see that this world is a puzzle, I'll find all of the pieces and put it all together, and then I'll rearrange it I'll follow it forever.. always be as strange as it seems'
7. Dios - You got me all wrong
'You got me all wrong, you wandered away, without which I am nothing, much more than I can say'.

There we go. I don't think I've done a music post for awhile. I must be getting old because best friends little brother had to show me some new music the other day. I must say the Arctic Monkeys are terrific (I really like the song 'mardy bum'). The Kaiser Chiefs go down okay as well (check out 'I predict a riot' and 'everyday I love you less and less'). I'm also enjoying Jack Johnson's new cd (Curious George Soundtrack), its very kiddy but the songs are still nice.
Below are some of the lyrics to 'Mardy Bum' by the Arctic Monkeys.

'Now then Mardy Bum
I see your frown and it's like looking down the barrel of a gun
And it goes off
And out come all these words
Oh there's a very pleasant side to you, a side I much prefer
It's one that laughs and jokes around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen, yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember that, on a day like today
When you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on'

I tag these people:

Bente, Jase, the student, anthony malloy and Alex


- Jen

No comments: