Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Either way, its okay you wake up with yourself

Well it's almost the end of another working week for me. Tomorrow is payday and although I don't have a lot of money, I now have enough money for me not to really care about payday.
Gone are the days when you'd count down the days or think can $20 last me till Friday week?
Luckily that only happened a couple of times to me while I was at uni, and it wasn't all bad. After all pasta goes a long way and is quite filling.

I have been to the gym three times this week which means dragging my arse home from work to go and do exercise. I certainly don't have any trouble sleeping that is for sure.

I should mention WHY it is almost the end of the week. Friday is the prestigious Albury Gold Cup and so us lucky Alburarians get a half day off work. Thats right, a half day. This is because a whole day would go to our heads and people would run around silly having fun all willy nilly.
I myself am defying this silly rule and have taken advantage of my 'flex leave' that is accruing and have taken the whole day off so I'm skipping town.

With a bit of luck I should finish work at 3 tomorrow (its graduate study day) and am hurtling down the freeway to Melbourne with Gus (to see the man)! I will be paying a well-deserved visit to Max Brenners on Saturday and doing other relaxing things such as spending money, eating, sleeping, eating chocolate and watching movies.

I dont even any of you guys look much at the titles of my posts but I usually try to work in a song lyric if it's relevant to something I post.

Today I just couldn't get there. The title 'either way it's okay, you wake up with yourself', comes from 'My Life' by Billy Joel and it's one of the songs that I've liked for a long time but only recently thought 'gee thats pretty clever'. It would be been nice to work in my sleeping with somebody strange but I figured that was cheating.

"They will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place
then they tell you can't sleep with somebody else
ah but sooner or later you sleep in your own space
either way, its okay you wake up with yourself"

I'm out. Now that the man has brought a new super dooper computer (after the robbery) ,I have to pack up his lovely logitech speakers to give back to him tomorrow...sniff.

- Jen

No comments: