Friday, April 07, 2006

Reunionitis

Tonight I was supposed to be having drinks with some people I went to high school with. A couple of them I literally haven't seen since high school so I was both excited and well a bit wary I suppose. I took a flex day today and drove down (to Melbourne) last night and surprised the man. I worked this morning (in front of the heater at home!) and then when I'd learnt all my brain would absorb about 'Deductions for Business' I went up to highpoint to find some jeans that don't make my arse look big.

After wandering around for about an hour having sales people give me jeans to try on which looked suspiciously like the jeans I was already wearing (I'm pretty sure one pair were the same) I decided that my arse was just going to have to stay how it was and that I was damn lucky the one pair that I did like the shop didn't have in my size (thats $160 that staying in my bank account thankyou very much). I also came to the conclusion catching sight of myself in a window on my way out that I looked fine and even a little bit damn fine just the way I was.

Of course when I got home I had a message from Alex on my phone telling me that tonight had been cancelled anyway. I guess the high school reunion will have to wait another 5 years.

So what to do? I know the man is having drinks with people from his work (he was supposed to meet me after that) so I could tag along to that, or I could get changed back into tracky daks and my hoodie, turn the heater on grab the new book I'm reading and .... ah stuff it I'm messaging the man and braving the elements...all in the name of beer.

- Jen

No comments: