Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why'd they bite you?

Tonight I had to say goodbye to jase. One of the few people from Albury who I do actually have to say goodbye to. Jase is going to work at the presently snow-less falls creek over winter and I am off to Melbourne next weekend. It would be an understatement to say that it was an emotional goodbye. We've been friends for probably four years now. We met at uni in database management or object modelling...or something boring, it was the second time Jase was sitting the subject I remember that.

Despite living together and the one time jase had to deal with the 'wrath of jen' after I came home to a previously spotless house in ruins two days later (there were a few dirty dishes) we have never had a blue...even the disagreement over the dishes ended up with us laughing (after some shouting). We have a similar sense of humour and he is the only other person in this world besides the man that I can talk about absolutely anything with.

I said to myself I wouldn't cry tonight. After all I'm not sad to see jase go. I'm not! He is going to have a BLAST up at Falls and he needs to get out of Albury. But I'm sad that I won't get to see him anymore. So cry I did.

I half wonder if this feeling I have been having all week has been related to the thought of having to say goodbye. I even managed to prolong having to do it last night by arranging to see him today as well! Thats my fantastic procrastination skills at work again! Anyway...

Good luck Jase.

- Jen

1 comment:

Mike said...

The worlds a small place, you'll definitly see him again. You should see it as an oppurtunity to go up to the snowfields (when it does snow) and visit Jase. My mate Matt works up at Falls as well, I'd never go up to the snow if it wasn't for him being up there.