Saturday, February 21, 2009

The best man

This meme was featured on Dooce and Zucchini Bikini so you know its good.

I'm sure the man will disagree with half of these. Its what he does. See answer to 'who is smarter'.

What are your middle names?

Mine is Kathleen, his is James. I just had to ask why it was James. His response was: "I dunno, because my pop's middle name was James..I dunno, I 'spose that's why......wait..why do you need to know that?"

How long have you been together?

Five years in May, getting married in October.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

No idea, maybe a month?

Who asked whom out?

Probably me. It's the old story everyone (except me) loves about me slipping my phone number into his pocket after the time we met, him finding it before I left and giving it back with his number on it. 

How old are each of you?

I'm 24, he's 27. I'd like to say, 'but I'm more mature'. Except I'm not. 

Whose siblings do you see the most?

At the moment, mine. I only have one sister, and he has an older brother and sister and two younger sisters. It's mostly geography.

Which situation is hardest on you as a couple?

Dooce said work. Kathy pretty much said work too. At the moment, the man works so hard with two jobs. I feel guilty but its just not practical for me to have a second job. Other than that...nothing is too hard. That's going to come back and bite me. I can tell. 

Did you go to the same school?

Nope, not even close. I went to high school and uni in Albury. He went to high school in Finley and uni in Melbourne.

Are you from the same home town?

I'm from Albury, he's from Berrigan which google tells me is 122 kms away from Albury.

Who is smarter?

These questions suck. The man is the smartest person I know. Sometimes I think he dumbs himself down to be able to communicate with me. The running joke is that he is always right. This isn't actually true, but he is so good at arguing that its just easier to agree when I am actually just right so he shuts up.

Who is most sensitive?

While the man has a sensitive side, this would have to be me. 

Where do you eat out most as a couple?

We don't really. I think if we went out for dinner by ourselves it would freak us out. We do have takeaway japanese fairly regularly. I always have to be the one who orders because I can never understand what they are saying and they can never understand me so I end up shouting at them down the phone which the man seems to find funny.

Where is the furthest you two have travelled together as a couple?

No idea. London? 

Who has the craziest exes?

Apparently me. Turns out one actually is crazy. I mean, we haven't had the man's assessed or anything but I'm going to go with me.

Who has the worst temper?

Well! This is tough.  Just to pick a fight I will say him. He gets angry when he drives. Every time. Don't deny it the man, you do.

Who does the cooking?

Don't mention the eggs in the spaghetti episode..don't mention the eggs in the spaghetti episode..don't mention the eggs in the spaghetti episode.. Damn! He does. I get home too late most nights and he's usually started dinner or has it prepped ready for me to put it together. 

Who is the neat freak?

He is neat, but not 'notice the dust on the window sill' neat. If I ask him nicely to do something he usually does it without grumbling too much. And he mows the tiny lawn we have. 

Who is more stubborn?

Ha. HIM! Along with being the smartest person I know he is also the most stubborn. Wait..I could have used this in 'which situation is hardest for you as a couple'...'anything that involves getting him to change his mind about something'.

Who hogs the bed?

Schroddy. 

Who wakes up earlier?

Me. I'm up and about at 5am on week days. On weekends he gets going earlier than me because he works that pesky second job.

Where was your first date?

I think Harvey's fish and fun park. In Albury.

Who is more jealous?

Schroddy. Actually I don't know. I've never seen him jealous before! 

How long did it take to get serious?

Ha. What's serious? Maybe two months. Two months sounds good. 

Who eats more?

Me. He doesn't eat breakfast or lunch. But he will snack on kitkats and coke before coming home and infesting the house with his revolting melted vegemite and cheese on cruskits in the microwave smell.

Who does the laundry?

We sort of alternate. I do the ironing though! Things are looking up since he stopped putting my bras in the dryer. That was devastating (for me).

Who's better with the computer?

It used to be me, but now he builds them from scratch so I'll go with him.

Who drives when you're together

Again, used to be me. But since WE got a car and got rid of MY car he drives all the time. Also see 'who has the worst temper'.

- Jen


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite an interesting meme Jen. Five years together and you are getting married? Why?

jenu said...

Why as in, we haven't been together long enough? Or why as in, you have been together five years so why bother getting married.

Five years is plenty long enough. I could have gotten married two years ago, but I felt really ready about a year ago.

Why get married? Well its not going to change anything, but I suppose its the next step. Besides, then its done, out of the way! I can't wait!