Monday, January 22, 2007

Why you shouldn't make plans

If you make plans things will go wrong. Or awry is a better word. Things like, oh running in the Melbourne Marathon.

I ran into docklands a couple of weeks ago and walked back out through the city and since then I've been having knee issues. I've tried resting it for more than a week, just no running and yesterday went for a little teeny weeny jog (jog I repeat) around the block..and it felt worse.

So today I went and signed up to a gym. Not one of those little $7 a year gyms you get in Albury either. No-no. Try $48 a month - yes ...a MONTH. Ouch. But it has all the classes, looks like a great gym, aquatic centre (pools, sauna, spa etc), personal trainer blah blah blah.

Its one of those awful direct debit things too. Anyway I'll try that for a month and then maybe re-introduce running outside once a week then. Grrrr.

Bit unsure about these classes. I think I'm more worried about the fact that maybe I'm really actually terribly unfit or something. But they will probably be good motivation.

Wish me luck!

- Jen

2 comments:

Raelene said...

You're mad... but GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, dont knock the $7 a year thurgoona gym! That thing was the shit! And it fit nicely in with the budget at the time ;)
-j