Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ah the serenity


The View
Originally uploaded by trojen_hoarse.
'The man' and I splashed out and bought ourselves a digital camera. Please do not remind me that we splashed out about 5 posts ago and bought a TV. We 'needed' the camera. Now people in far away places can see our apartment. Thats my reason and I'm sticking to it.

The 'view' you can see is from our balcony, taken during the day. In the afternoon when no cars are in the carpark you can see, its a bit like living next door to a desert. But I'm sure thats great for property prices...right? right? riiightttt!

The tall building in the background is the other apartments we were looking at, well I don't even know if you would call it looking at. The first thought that entered my mind when we walked in was 'no' closely followed by, 'way in hell'. Besides the fact they looked directly into the tax office (the short squat building you see pictured), they were tiny.

And of course the tax office that is pictured, is my work. So not a far walk at all. Sometimes though, it would be nice to be able to feel like you had escaped the call centre. Rather than getting home and turning around and seeing it leering at you.

So now we have this camera I will be getting my act organised and posting lots of pics up on flickr for those that are interested.

- Jen
p.s. Just in case you are reading this Marita - THIS is the view, not the ah one of the big tall pretty skyscrapers. Although you CAN see the top of eureka tower from our bathroom. Having said that you can probably see it in Albury too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the "real" view!! Hope you get to enjoy your balcony in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're in Moonee Ponds, super close to the railway station. Is it noisy there? At least you've got a couple of really big supermarkets nearby.