Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Home Something Home

So I'm back in Albury now and the 7 hours I have spent here haven't been too bad. I unpacked my suitcase..and then re-packed my suitcase (for Sydney tomorrow) caught up with turtle-lips and others from The LAN Mine and now I'm back home and it's 12:42am.

Leaving Melbourne and the man was really hard. I actually think I'm procrastinating about going to bed because its going to be weird. Not getting alarm clocks thrown at me or having to decipher any of the midnight conversations the man likes to have.

It will or should surprise no-one who knows me that I was pretty teary when I was leaving and thus had to manage my playlist on the way back accordingly. The following songs were skipped:

- Better together (Jack Johnson) : "It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving but I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together".

- Here without you (3 doors down)
- Someday, Someday (Thirsty Merc)
- Kiss me (Sixpence none the richer)
- I'm gonna love you anyhow (Elliot Smith)
- One thing (Finger eleven)
- Next year (Foo Fighters)

and you get the picture...there was a lot of playlist skippage. When I tired of singing 'Sunday Morning' I put on a Ricky Gervais podcast and that kept me occupied/entertained for the rest of the trip.

Once I actually got home I sought out the cat having fully prepared myself that she was in fact dead. I got the distinct feeling that something wasn't right at home when speaking to both of my parents during the last week and of course came to the totally obvious conclusion that Tib had disappeared/been run over/attacked by hungry labrador/committed suicide ...but once Dad had come home and the dogs had been fed and I was thinking 'surely he would have mentioned something by now'...Tib the cat turned up and so my fears were completely unfounded. She did look hungry and happy to see me however, and spent the rest of the night trying to lie on my keyboard. I guess we must have had a bad line or something because nothing else appears askew at home.

I won't be posting again until the weekend as I am off to Sydney tomorrow for work! That's right the big W starts on Wednesday. No more staying up until 1:17am blogging thats for sure.
Before I leave tomorrow I have to tell Centrelink I will be starting work on my job I have had since December and so will not be applying for 10 pointless jobs a fortnight, then I have to go and find out why Telstra are trying to weasel more money out of me because I have been overcharged again.

Wish me luck,

- Jen






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!