Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hold your own, know your name - and go your own way

It's been a long time since we got back from overseas and I've been struggling a lot, well with just about everything. Mostly work has been bothering me because I completely lost my energy and drive. Things I thought would be better when I got back were worse and I felt like giving up.

A few weeks ago I was given the chance to be part of a career coaching pilot - I suspect it was offered people from my grad year who aren't at the executive level yet. Anyway I had to set three goals and one of them was to be certain of my career direction..by January.

I have to admit I had serious doubts about the chances of that happening. But last week my 'coach' set me the task of talking to four people about their careers, asking them all the same questions and it's really helped.

Today I spent about half an hour talking one on one with someone in the senior executive and they were so helpful that its got me my energy back (ENERGY LEGS! - sorry couldn't resist).

I have a better idea of what I should do, and don't feel discouraged anymore. I'm also blogging on a 'school night' in case you hadn't noticed!

Anyway I just thought I'd blog about that, because it made my week.

- Jen

No comments: