Friday, January 09, 2009

Seven things...

Got this from Daniel's blog. Like Daniel, there are lots of things in my life I haven't blogged about, and will never blog about. But anyway, here are seven things you may, or may not know about me.

Feel free to consider yourself tagged. Let me know if you do it via comments and I'll take a gander.

1. I can't stand the smell of parmesan cheese. Seriously. If I'm able to, I will leave the table, room etc. 

2. I hate science fiction/fantasy movies and books. If it wasn't for the persistence of the man  I would have never watched 'Back to the future' because I always figured it was both genres. I was also badgered into reading the first Harry Potter book. There were no problems getting me to read the rest though.

3. I'm terrible at mental arithmetic. I will do just about anything to get out of adding something up, and I hate trying working out how much I'm supposed to be saving at percentage off sales. That's why the man was invented! I'm not actually that bad at maths, I'm just not quick at it.

4. I drink my coffee: often and as a skinny flat white with one sugar. 

5. I rarely, if ever, wear makeup. It always amazes me at the gym when I walk in and see a girl doing her makeup who is still there doing it while I've gotten changed, had a shower and am leaving. Who has time! Maybe I need to wear makeup! I don't know!

6. I really want to run a marathon one day

7. I am really bad at talking to people on the phone with most people.  Jase and I cannot hold a conversation over the phone at all. I can talk to the man and that's about it. 

- Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the things that you list are in my opinion gentic, I didnt like PC for many years, in fact on our honeymoon went and sat at another table becasue your mum had it on pasta. I can not stand SF and haven't read all the HP Books, nor have I seen the BTTFM. I don't like talking on the phone and will do just about anything to get someone else to do it. I dont drink coffee and I always wanted to run a marathon. Funny how we try to different from our parents and end up being just like them.

mangopacket said...

I never would have guessed you weren't flash with mental arithmetic dude, crazy. I'm certainly no human calculator myself.

Anonymous said...

One can get used to the smell of parmesan. The Italians will kill us for not using a capital letter.

2/ Tick
3/ Not hard, but unit pricing is good.
4/ Oh
5/ If in doubt, apply another layer.
6/ Pain and damage to your muscles. Why?
7/ Tick

Toria/Deb said...

Hope you don't mind me commenting, came here from Anthony's blog. But oh wow, I hear you on the makeup thing. I don't wear any, unless we're going out (that's rare). Just seems such a bloody waste of time? I've run a half-marathon, that was hard, I'm not going for the full one, as of yet, thx. Good luck! I hope you do it.

Anonymous said...

Not sure it's you that sucks on the phone... i'm horrid though.
-j