Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day trippers

Day before yesterday the man and I headed off to the beach. Decided to go to Torquay except I forgot about that little thing called traffic and just thought we'd head off whenever. Could have walked faster through Geelong but we got there in the end.

I've been there once but couldn't remember where the surf beaches were so we ended up at a beach that had more waves than Williamstown beach...just. I did actually get dumped which was exciting but I think it was because I tripped over, not because of the knee high wave. You just don't feel like you're having fun at the beach until you have salt water and/or sand in your nose.

Afterwards we stopped in at a friends house in Lara. Wait, stop. That sounds very grown up. 'Stopping off at a friends house'. They're a couple too and just moved in to the house that they built on a bit of land out there. Nicest house ever! Huge too. I was asking the man if we could have one and he pointed out the commute (which my friend makes everyday)...it is a long way. But such a nice area...

But thats right, we were supposed to win $30 million last night. We bought the ticket, just haven't checked yet. Oh well I'll go and cash that in later. I guess then I could buy a helicopter and fly to work. Yep, that sounds like a plan. Of course having $30 million dollars probably means we can just about afford a house in Moonee Ponds.

Anyway, was a very nice day out. Next time our friends are going to show us to good little kid pee free beaches.

- Jen

No comments: